liquid to fill towel rail

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by sparkydude, Nov 16, 2003.

1. sparkydude

sparkydude Member

Hi i have a towel rail that normally would be connected to a heating system, but i want to run it on an electric element, what should i fill the rad with ? i know water is the obvious one , but im unsure whether it will rust the element in time or ruin the radiator any ideas on what i can fill it with ? its not connected to any pipes at all totally independent

thanks

Nick

2. supersparky

supersparky New Member

arnt they normaly filled with oil?

BR

3. zont

zont New Member

I'm curious, how are you going to fit a heater element where the valves would normally go & for that matter where are you going to get a heating element that will fit?

4. WOLF

WOLF New Member

the electrically heated towel rails we are required to fit take a water and c/heating inhibitor mix, plus an air gap(see specific manufacturers instructions as to mix/air/ratio's...do not just fill with water...

5. sparkydude

sparkydude Member

Its not that hard to do zont, just blank off one side of the tapppings where a valve would go, then insert the element which has a half inch thread in the other end, Thanks wolf, i thought that would be the answer but wanted to make sure, dont have any instructions from the mana facturer as its a replacement for existing blown element . Will just have to give an estimated guess then for expansion

Nick