LNB

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by DaveTh, Nov 20, 2022.

1. DaveTh

DaveTh Member

Hello
    I have replaced my faulty Sky LNB with the Screwfix
    VISIBLEWAVE 4-OUTPUT UNIVERSAL QUAD LNB (734GV)
    this gets 100% quality reading and about 85% strength after doing the channels scan. But I don't get all the channels on Freesat that I did with the Sky LNB. Is this a different type of LNB.
    Thank you for any help give

2. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

The LNB is compatible with Freesat, so in theory it should perform the same. It could be inferior quality, however double check it is aligned correctly on the dish and all connections are properly terminated etc.

3. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Although the VISIBLEWAVE 4-OUTPUT UNIVERSAL QUAD LNB (734GV) says it is compatible with Sky, it's what it dosn't say that is more important.
    I'm sort of guessing here OP, are you actually using a Freesat 4K box ? If you are, then the chances are it will never work fully with you new LNB.
    What you actually should have bought is a wide band LNB, that is not the case though if you are using you TV's built in Freesat decoder.................................which is it ?