"locking" wooden sliding door

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Graham Beer, Jan 19, 2014.

1. No way...

wiggy likes this.
  2. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

This post went on for ever, I wonder if he ever did it.
    You need to read this joe

Joe95 likes this.
  3. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

That was some read, but I have to say, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was one of the funniest discussions I have ever seen. I thought I was stupid with some of the things I came out with on here, (like the hinge thread!) but this is a whole new level. Fair play to the guy, he is trying to DIY and I have met people about as novice as this before.

'I'm just a basic DIYer'. HAHAHAHAHAHA

The best one I've had was the homeowner borrowed my drill when I was re-doing their bathroom. The fella used the SDS on hammer to put a masonry wall plug in a stud wall. Needless to say, after hearing his f'ing and blinding, the drill was hanging out of the other side of the wall, with a half foot hole in both sides, he couldn't understand why it was not brick, and insisted I should have warned him that the drill was 'too powerful' for the plasterboard. I will never get over that, his wife hit the roof when she got home too, I was ******** myself laughing upstairs!
    I know I SHOULD have helped, but I assumed he could use a drill. As a few of you say: Assumption is the mother of all **** ups!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  4. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Everyone on the post gave good advice and showed a lot of patience, then too not hear back, did he do it?
    I just had a count up of contributors to this, 9 in total, good lads that know what they are talking about. So probably 180 years of combined experience...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    Joe95 likes this.