Loft Bathroom venting

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Gazzataf1960, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Gazzataf1960

Gazzataf1960 New Member

Hi

Hopefully iv'e come to the right place.

Can any one give some advise as to ventilation of a loft dormer bathroom,

I am in the process of updating the room, but was wondering what electric extractor fan system to use. I cannot use the existing one and can't put one through the wall of the dormer as it's peg tiled and so no access, but was thinking something like a vertical through the dormer flat roof section with a mushroom domed top or similar which will be directly over the new shower that I intend to install.

I have seen some Loft conversion dormers with something similar, but as this is 'maybe' a possible retro fit, what are the Pit fulls if any e.g. leaks, are the products any good, do you get good/bad ventilation from this system, is worth even considering this way, any recommend for vents.

So would be grateful for some advise.

Thanks

2. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

Out the roof as your thinking

3. Gazzataf1960

Gazzataf1960 New Member

Has anyone on here done this before anything to be aware of!

4. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

It’s done all the time by ppl. Get a roofer to do it for you

5. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

I have vented an extractor fan straight out of a flat roof without any issues, and with any need of a roofer. I also used a caravan mushroom vent.
    My roof is GRP on 18mm marine ply. What's yours?

6. Gazzataf1960

Gazzataf1960 New Member

I think Dormer Roof is bitumen covered felt on 18mm ply.

just wondering if anyone has managed to do one of these roofs successfully without it leaking at some point down the line.