Loft Boarding Questions

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by HugeWesty, Oct 26, 2021.

1. HugeWesty

HugeWesty Member

Hi, I'm a fairly competent DIY'er and looking to board my loft myself. However havent done it before and had a couple of questions.

1. (See photo) When investigating some of the rolled insulation, I found some loose fill material - upon Googling, it seems this is additional loose fill insulation that has been used. But please let me know if its not

2. (See photo) I am not familiar with the different types of insulation but assume this is the old fibre stuff - and as such I should be careful if I'm up there for the day - e.g. FP3 mask, use old clothes and shake them outside after use/use their own wash etc?

3. I know I will need to roll up the insulation to lay down the loft legs (using 300mm legs as insulation is 250mm). When I put down the insulation after the legs are on - any technique on how to get the insulation down quickly would be appreciated - or is just a case of cutting gap with stanley or just using force for the leg to tear a gap in the insulation

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]