Logic

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by longboat, Nov 4, 2018.

1. longboat

longboat Well-Known Member

You ruddy well asked for more, sunshine.
    I oblige and what do I get....?

My mistake, you've now edited your post.:D

2. btiw2

btiw2 Well-Known Member

I ask Dave: Which way would Fred say Tolchester lies?
    Do the opposite.

It combines true and false to make false.
    If Dave is truthy then Fred would lie.
    If Fred is truthy then Dave would lie about it.

3. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

Yes.

Be thankful for all gifts.

Greed will be your down fall.

Bugger, no wonder I'm skint. :p:p

4. PhilSo

PhilSo Active Member

Sorry.
    Didn't initially make it obvious who I was addressing.
    Stan's troll post has been deleted .
    Not you obviously.
    Enjoying the thread.
    PhilSo

5. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Well-Known Member

Here's a logic question which I cannot find an answer to.....

UK sends 13 BILLION POUNDS to mainly muslim countries in foreign aid. Some of whome have space programs and Nuclear generating powers.
    UK gets nothing in return.
    Fred Jones has to spend 3 days in a hospital corridor after fighting for UK and paying taxes all his life... before he dies.
    1 million illegal immigrants in UK and no one wants to remove them.
    A war criminal, called Tony Blair wanted to give them amnesty.
    A comedian , singer and poet are given titles from the Queen at the insistence of the left wing controlled idiotic politicians in Government.
    The CEO of Persimmon Homes who build rabbit hutches that fall down..takes a 75 MILLION pound bonus.
    The HSR project is going to cost 100 BILLION POUNDS ....and service London and B'ham. etc......and very few people....and it's actually impossible top get from East to West in the UK..which is a very small country..in any reasonable time or method.

My question is:
    It it just me ?
    RS

6. PhilSo

PhilSo Active Member

7. dobbie

dobbie Well-Known Member

There is no logic or sense in it at all.Why would someone take out a loan each year to add on to their massively growing overdraft,just to give to people that do not even like them,which is what is happening.

It is time it was stopped completely.

retiredsparks likes this.
  8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I know which one some on here would pick.

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Some on here think that 13 billion pounds is not nearly enough to send to nuclear superpowers with a better space program than the UK has. Fred is just one of the unlucky ones, but thank god little Mohammed got his life saving heart surgery after only 5 minutes in A&E. They love TB and wishes he'd make a spectacular return to frontline politics. Singers, comedians and poets all deserve knighthoods and the CEO of Persimmon homes at least has stood down (irrespective of the 75million bonus,, he's one of us after all) The HSR project isn't going past their house, nor going to affect the value of their house and they never want to travel far in any direction, just as long as the immigrants don't travel in their direction. Nuff said.

retiredsparks likes this.
  10. chippie244

chippie244 Well-Known Member

Why did you feel the need to say Muslim countries?

candoabitofmoststuff likes this.
  11. btiw2

btiw2 Well-Known Member

From logic puzzles to blatant trolling in 25 posts. Well done.
    It's only your idiosyncratic spelling, grammar and syntax that add any originality to an otherwise utterly banal post.

Mainly you.

12. btiw2

btiw2 Well-Known Member

Ooo. I know the answer to this one!

chippie244 likes this.
  13. btiw2

btiw2 Well-Known Member

Keeping to Long's gold theme.

Three game theorist pirates have 100 gold pieces to be divided. Pirate A is the captain, B is the first mate and C is the cabin boy.
    The rules are:
    The most senior pirate proposes a split between the three pirates.
    If half or more pirates vote for the proposal (the pirate making the proposal also votes) then the proposal is accepted (ties decided by most senior pirate).
    If the proposal is not accepted then the most senior pirate is thrown overboard and the next most senior pirate makes a new proposal.
    This continues until a proposal is accepted.

These are game theorist pirates and are strictly rational in accepting the proposal which results in them receiving the most treasure.

What should the captain propose in order to keep most of the treasure (and avoid being thrown overboard)?

14. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Active Member

There might be some ambiguity in the word "most" there, is "as much as possible" what's meant perhaps... but...

I think the captain should propose that the first mate gets 51%, the captain gets 49% and the cabin boy gets nothing.
    That way both captain and first mate will vote for the proposal and that's the end of it. (Obviously you can toy about with the percentages a bit).

I think?

Regards,

Cando

15. btiw2

btiw2 Well-Known Member

You're right. That is ambiguous and "as much as possible" is better.

Ask yourself what would happen if the captain was thrown overboard.

16. longboat

As captain and having the swing of the vote, I'd give the cabin boy 1 gold coin and keep the rest for myself. The first mate gets zero.
    If the cabin boy refuses to accept this offer he will get nothing in the next round and I will be dead.

btiw2 likes this.
  17. btiw2

btiw2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that’s because you’re a greedy pirate. But that’s what game theory says too.

longboat likes this.
  18. longboat

'Greed' is the aim of the game.
    Keep as much of the gold as posible, whilst at the same time staying alive.
    Ruddy Spaniards.