Long Shot - UFH Pump Wiring

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by James A, Nov 29, 2021.

1. James A

James A Member

The Engineer has fitted the UFH manifold and wired it all up as per the photo. However he has not wired the pump. He can’t come back for over a week.

By any chance, after looking at the photo and my drawing, it is possible to tell me where the pump wires should go? I need heat! :)

I’d be very grateful!

Attached Files:

2. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

The underfloor pump would usually go in with the ufh zone valve brown wire.

3. James A

James A Member

Hello Mike, thanks for the response. But I’m a tad confused, easily done! Any chance you can tell me which of the 3 ports the pump wire should go? (1-7, top/bottom)

4. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Looks like terminal 4.
    We are talking about the ufh pump and not the main pump?
    Just follow the ufh zone valve brown wire.

5. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

So the brown wire on this cable.

Attached Files:

6. James A

James A Member

Right, got you. Although the UFH pump wire has three wires, earth, neutral and live I guess.​

7. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

The live goes in the terminal that’s been discussed.
    Then neutral and earth in the corresponding terminals that look like 5&6.

8. James A

James A Member

Nice one Mike, thanks!

9. sparko69

sparko69 Screwfix Select

Has the system been commissioned yet or are you planning to commission it yourself?

10. James A

James A Member

Commissioned by the engineer I believe. Said he tested it, checked for air etc. Is that commissioning?

11. sparko69

sparko69 Screwfix Select

The system won't have been commissioned if the pump hasn't been installed. It sounds like you are doing this without the knowledge of the installer /engineer and if you connect the pump you might cause damage. Flooding or gas leak maybe?
    You are better off finding someone to finish the job because you need more than just the pump connecting