Looking for hinge that locks at 90 degrees for flolding shelf?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by LP18, Mar 13, 2018.

  1. LP18

    LP18 Member

    Have a TV mounted on the wall in a bedroom. There’s no cabinet for a DVD player because of the wall mount, so I’m wanting to make a folding shelf that goes under the TV that the player can sit on when in use, and fold back against the wall when not.
    It’s a very small DVD player and circular, so I’ve made the circular shelf required and just need an appropriate, single hinge to fit it to the wall.

    The hinge needs to have the ability to lock at 90 degrees when the shelf is in use, however.
    What hinge do I need and what is it called?

    I’ve had a look in screwfix and b&q but I don’t really know what I’m looking for here.

    Any ideas?

  2. KIAB

    KIAB Well-Known Member

  3. Isitreally

    Isitreally Well-Known Member

  4. Jord86

    Jord86 Well-Known Member

    I'm no means an expert on technical fixtures and fittings, I'm more of a Neanderthal carpenter but I would look up Blum hinges and their restrictors, they may have what you require.
    LP18 likes this.
  5. Isitreally

    Isitreally Well-Known Member

    KIAB likes this.
  6. KIAB

    KIAB Well-Known Member

    :eek: spooky:eek:
  7. LP18

    LP18 Member

  8. LP18

    LP18 Member

  9. LP18

    LP18 Member

    Cool, I’ll check them out, thank you!
  10. HarDeBloodyHarHar

    HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

    You could always use normal hinges and fold it upwards.
  11. LP18

    LP18 Member

    Not sure what you mean, how would this work?


Share This Page