Looking for pipe with 90mm inner ø

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Boreal, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Boreal

Boreal New Member

Any idea where I can find a plastic (or light-weight metal) pipe with an inner diameter of 90mm +/- 3mm? It's going to be cut to length and used for storing a camping stovepipe of all things.

I've found pipes with an outer diameter of 90mm but the inner is then too narrow for my needs.

Any ideas?

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Length?

3. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

ERW (Electric Resistance Welded) round steel tube is 101.60mm, outside diameter, but wall thickness is only 1.5mm.

4. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

Why not use 110mm soil pipe?

5. Boreal

Boreal New Member

Sorry, the length I need is no more than 30 cm. It's basically one of these https://seekoutside.com/titanium-stove-pipes/ rolled on its short end for storage

ERW round steel tube might work though I prefer plastic for the weight, but 110mm soil pipe is definitely too wide to fit the supplied sleeve

If possible I'd like to get closer to the 90mm mark but that may not be an option

6. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

A McAlpine WC-EXTB 3 1/2-Inch/90 mm Straight Extension Piecemight work.

7. Boreal

Boreal New Member

That might work. How long is the non-threaded/grooved portion? Also, is it reasonably rigid? I'm looking to protect the stove pipe in transport so I can't have too much flex. Thanks

8. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

You can download a PDF from the McAlpine website and it usually shows all dimensions

9. Boreal

Boreal New Member

Thanks. Did that and this would not work as the inlet is 110mm which would be too big. Any other ideas?

10. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Active Member

What about a length of 110 soil pipe, slice a section out and the "snug it up" with big jubilee clips?

Cando

11. Boreal

Boreal New Member

It's just that 110mm would probably not fit in the storage bag that comes with the stove pipe. I don't think more than 100mm outer would work, ideally no more than 95mm. Thanks for the suggestion though

12. longboat

longboat Well-Known Member

13. Boreal

Boreal New Member

14. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

As daft as it might sound and it does, but what about a stainless steel thermos flask with the innards removed.

15. Boreal

Boreal New Member

Well, it'd certainly protect the stove pipe in transport which is part of what I'm trying to achieve, but it's a little more DIY than I was hoping for. Not to mention that it's a waste of a perfectly good thermos :)

16. Boreal

Boreal New Member

So the 100mm manrose pipe worked after a fashion. It's not perfect as it's a rather tight fit in the stove pipe storage bag, but you can't argue with £1.29. I'll be on the lookout for something a tad smaller, but thanks again for the suggestions in the meantime. It will do on my upcoming trips

17. Jimbo

Jimbo Active Member

18. Boreal

Boreal New Member

19. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Get a tube 3D printed, can be any internal diameter you like,even have one end sealed, or a screw cap.

20. Boreal

Boreal New Member

That would, of course, result in a perfect fit but I thought 3D printing was still in its infancy and stupidly expensive. Any idea of costs for something like this?