Looking for some type of footing/trim for this pillar (if it exists!)

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Dan Mc, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Dan Mc

Dan Mc New Member

Bit of an odd request, but a pillar in my kitchen got wet and has blown a bit as you can see from the pics.

I was wondering if a metal trim exists that I can put on the bottom that will act to protect it, hide the damage but also I think the look could be good. I've drawn an example in paint to show what I'm after (the silver is the trim at the bottom)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Dan Mc

Dan Mc New Member

3. Dan Mc

Dan Mc New Member

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Stainless steel can be tricky to work with and cut, could go with aluminium, much easier to work with

B&Q, Wickes, etc sell a range of metal trims , stainless, ali, steel, etc, various sizes and profiles
    Something as straight forward as this could work;

https://www.diy.com/departments/aluminium-flat-bar-l-1000mm-w-50mm-t-3mm/3232637738354_BQ.prd

Could be cut and mitred then bonded on with clear silicone, once bulging timber has been cut away to level

Once sorted, to prevent water from getting underneath again, either seal around the leg with clear silicone if the item is fixed ?
    If its movable (no idea what this pillar is attached to ?) then a nail on nylon glide will create a small gap and do the job

The kick plate will also work, as long as you have the correct blade for cutting stainless