Loss of water pressure from water tank

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Thomas Bleach, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Thomas Bleach

Thomas Bleach New Member

Morning all,

can anyone help with some advice on fixing an issue which started last night.

I have lost over 50% of my cold water feed from my water tank. Normally good enough pressure for shower & taps & nothing has been altered & the tank is still filling up.

what checks can I do to fix the issue?

Thanks
    Tom

2. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

If its happening at shower and tsps it would suggest some blockage on outlet pipe to tank, can't imagine what that could be except dead bird/rat. Try putting hose down outlet and using mains pressure to jet through. Dont know how you can say ⁵⁰% unless you measured before and after?

3. Thomas Bleach

Thomas Bleach New Member

just an estimate at 50% as is far less than previous.

Shouldn’t be a dead animal as it is well covered but possibly some limescale. I’ll drain it down & see if I can dislodge it with a hose.

thank you.

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Do you mean the flow from taps is a lot less on hot and cold ? Or just the cold ? Is kitchen tap cold working ok ?

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  5. Thomas Bleach

Thomas Bleach New Member

The cold taps are reduced by a lot, the hot may be effected slightly (but that may be just me over thinking it). The hot taps are fed by the hot water cylinder which I believe is gravity pressured by the tank above in the loft.

the kitchen tap is mains feed which is normal pressure.

6. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Then you either have a restriction in the pipework or an air lock.

7. Thomas Bleach

Thomas Bleach New Member

Thank you,

I will investigate when I get home.