Low Presure tap tails

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Tiggy, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Tiggy

Tiggy New Member

Hi all

I have just installed a new bath room and I am having problems with hot tap pressure.

I brought a tap from screw fix type because it made reference to low pressure systems it was

Mono Basin Mixer
    Product No 90769-73
    See page 234

I am sure what I first looked at this tap on the internet it stated it came with tails 15mm x 300 mm.

The tailed supplied in the box only measure 10 x 300.

Question is............is the tails suppied the correct one for this product??? or did I miss read the internet.

I would really appreciate any comments

Regards

Mike

2. bilco

bilco New Member

The diameter of the tails should not overly affect the flow of water through the tap. It is common for monoblock basin taps to have 10mm or less tails. You could shorten the length of the tail, and gain a slight improvement.

You say the hot flow is poor? So does that mean the cold is ok? Unless this tap is bi-flow both hot and cold should come from the same sorce (mains or tank). If the cold is mains and hot tank fed the unequal pressure will result in very reduced on no hot water flowing...if hot water is poor on it's own, perhaps some rubbish has collected inside the tap

I could find no ref to the tails in SFD cat.

3. Tiggy

Tiggy New Member

Thanks for this...........yes the cold is fine.

The feed to the tails is the normal 15 pipe which then goes into the '10' mm tails. The reference to 15mm tails came from the internet advert. I checked this after purchase and this part had gone !

I sent to first tap I received back as it was damaged and I just seem to remember the tails appearing bigger then the tails supplied on the replacement tap !!!!

I just wondered if the wrong tails could have been placed in the box.

Regards