Low Voltage

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by In Need, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. In Need

    In Need New Member

    I am trying to wire in 2 under cuboard lights in the kitchen. An electrician has dropped 2 normal mains cables behind the cabinets which are connected to a single fused switch.

    I think I need to get 2 low voltage 12v/20w lights and either one or two transformers.

    Q1) Can I wire in the transformer in the loft and use the cables already dropped behind my kitched units, or, am I best off getting two transformers and mounting them under the units near the light?

    Q1) What transformer should I be buying? Screwfix sell:
    A: 12V/210W
    B: 12V/150W
    C: 12V/105W
    D: 12V/60W
  2. seylectric

    seylectric New Member

    Er, in all honestly my best advice would be "get your electrician back". If he has already run the power feed for you a decent electrician will be able to advise you on what to buy (I supply and fit my own gear because I konw what I am buying) and your safety is guaranteed - what is more important, your safety or having a "go" yourself to save a few quid?
  3. Nigel

    Nigel New Member

    One 60 watt trany will cope with two 20watt lights [total 40 watts] You could mount the trany on top of the cup'd out of site and run cable down to fittings.
  4. In Need

    In Need New Member

    Thanks for the advice. I have got the electrician coming back I just needed to know what bits to buy.

Share This Page