Loyalty rewarded

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by unphased, Oct 29, 2013.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

:)
    My broadband package was TV + Broadband + phone and I was on the medium broadband up to 38Mbps. I just went online to enquire about upgrading to fibre large (up to 76Mbps) and they have give it to me at the same price! Because I am a long time loyal customer. Well chuffed. :) Free upgrade.

2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

well done - we got ''upgraded'' by BT to unlimited and given a fancy new router, just for asking

if you don't ask you don't get

3. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Indeed, Sean, although I wasn't expecting that. TalkTalk is my provider.

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Ahh, that explains it UP. I was with Virgin Media. Left them in July as I'd been a customer from the old NYNEX and NTL days. Sky had offered me a one year package for BB, Phone and TV, with 6 months at half price. When I phoned Virgin to say I was leaving, they offered to match Sky's price and package. I told them the package I was being offered with Sky and they said we'll match it. "Does that include 6 months at half price then?" I asked,,,,,, Their reply was "Oh no sir, we can't offer existing customers anything like that." Hmmmm strange that every month I get junk mail from VM telling me the latest offers for "NEW" customers, offering half price this, that and t' other. Virgin Media don't seem to care for existing customers whatsoever. Seems I was just a number in their system. :oops::oops:

5. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Well done UP! Although its always worth asking, i've also found Virgin Media to be unwilling to offer anything so left them and gone back to ADSL Broadband and Freesat to try and save the pennies.

6. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

I had the same issues with Virgin media having also been with them since NTL days. When I left them and told them I was moving they wanted to know where I was going and as they don't have fibre optic in the area I told them it was nothing to do with them where I went. Now with BT for phone and 3 dongle on broadband with Freesat and Freeview TV.

7. joinerjohn1

Best of it was, when I left VM, they wanted to charge me for an extra month from when they disconnected and took their equipment. Reasons being their contract states that everything is paid a month in advance. I told them (via email) I had no intention of paying a month in advance for a service I no longer received. They said I would be refunded the month, within 90 days of paying it. I responded again saying I had no intention of "lending" VM £60 so they could pay it back to me 90 days later. Basing this on payday lenders rates, perhaps I should have paid the extra month , then claimed £100 back with interest. :p:p. Took them over 3 weeks to send a correct final bill (for only £36.45p) They originally wanted me to pay just over £100 including the month in advance.

8. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Yes, they stung me for the month as well. Robbing barstewards. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!!

9. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

TalkTalk were a nightmare at the beginning but after everything was sorted out they have been very good. I had issues with Virgin many years ago. I used to phone their help line, spend ages on the line at a premium rate, then would be told to reboot the modem. Standard way of solving stuff for me after that was...reboot the modem. :)

10. joinerjohn1

Ahh UP almost every time I had a problem with VM, the standard reply was to re-boot everything. Didn't matter if it was the router or the set top box (and I always seemed to get through to "Ranjit" or "Akshay" (never got a Dave or a Phil) ;);););)

11. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Yes very annoying with VM that! The other thing which used to happen quite often was the service would go down (usually just the Broadband ((phone and TV OK)) in all fairness) and they would say "there is a problem in the area it will be fixed tomorrow". So what am i supposed to do now then?
    Luckily i had a good 3G connection on my phone so i used to share that out, but Virgin used to offer £5 off the bill each time it happened.
    Had our fair share of problems with their service in all honesty.

12. joinerjohn1

From memory, I think we had to phone Virgin to ask for a refund. I felt it should happen automatically (they know when broadband is affected and should know from their logs which households have been affected and how long too) They told me that they could never tell who's been disconnected due to faults (nor where they lived) Bloody downright lies if you ask me. Still , I may well go back to them when my year with Sky is up. Download speed with Sky isn't quite what they offered (but the upload speed is excellent and beats VM hands down) We'll see nearer the time though. Apparently if you phone Sky and tell them your leaving, they'll bend over backwards to offer you everything you want at half price for another 6/9 months. Something VM never did.

13. oakwood841

oakwood841 New Member

Well done UP. We recently had a sky salesman at our door flogging sky haif price for 6 months so we took it this didnt include phone/internet as we are quite happy with BT, Sky was set up and running well untill yesterday when most channels flashed up a message asking to upgrade! upon the phone call sky said they did not recieve the correct debit for the first month which was £5.00 short, it was the same £5.00 the salesman told us he was going to debit that day. so with a bit of ranting and raving we now have our channels back and sky sports free for 3 months ( a goodwill gesture) for the fault at their end.

OW