LPG Bulk Costs

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Kas228, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Kas228

Kas228 Screwfix Select

Hi,
    I use bulk LPG (delivered) for my home CH and HW. I will be coming to the end of my 2 year contract in autumn time with my current supplier, and absolutely dread thinking what the cost will go up to.
    My 2 year fixed deal at present I pay 38p per litre and 28p per day standing charge - in all I currently pay direct debit of £110 per month and this keeps me on track with billing.
    Can anyone put my mind at rest (or not) as to the current LPG unit cost who has just taken out a new contract in the last few weeks/months. I am in Sussex by the way as i know it varies around the country etc.
    Anything less than double my current costs and I would be happy :(
    Thanks

2. big all

big all Screwfix Select

havent got a clue but would not be surprized if between 3 and 4 times the amount was the area you are looking at as thats where my mains energy has gone from 2 years ago but purely a guess as all fuel prices follow each other up

3. Kas228

Kas228 Screwfix Select

Thanks for that and yes that was my best guess. Although my contract is not finished yet ive manage to get a quote for today from Avanti gas for 53p per litre fixed for 2 years but they want to charge a delivery fee as well of £35 per delivery which adds about £140 to the annual bill. Ive done a quick calculation and my monthly charge (if i was to take this deal) would rise to about £165 per month which is about half as much again as what paying now - so all in all pleasantly surprised at todays rate but could be higher when i come to change later in the year.

4. big all

big all Screwfix Select

i was on a fixed £48 a month provider went bust went up to 98 now 140 and looks like another 65% so 230 so nearing 5 times the amount so good luck if you can get it cheaper:D

5. Kas228

Kas228 Screwfix Select

Hi, is this for LPG bulk delivered by tanker to your property?

6. big all

big all Screwfix Select

no just normal mains gas and electric but as i say supply and demand dictate prices
    i think your only real choice is shop around and check the terms and conditions for hidden charges