Luxury Vinyl Tiles

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by mackie, Jan 18, 2019.

1. mackie

mackie Member

Hi,

Any advice on brands to avoid / go to when looking at Luxury Vinyl Tiles for a kitchen?

We are looking for a stone affect at the end.

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Strong vote for Quickstep Livyn from me,

Avoid the lightest shades of stone effect though as they can look quite fake.

3. mackie

mackie Member

That was the first brand we looked at but they are quiet limited on Stone Effect. When you say avoid the lightest shades is that across the board, or just in the Livyn range?

4. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Personally for me all of them. The other thing with the light ones is they show every single mark and scuff, go darker and it will look better and newer for much longer

mackie likes this.
  5. LEH

LEH Active Member

Livyn is great, I have it in my bathroom, the grey slate. But it’s true most the designs are wood planks.

The two main brands for LVT are Karndean and Amtico. I think they do some click type floating floors too, however when I was doing some research a while ago pros on flooring forums seemed to say livyn was the only click system they would touch... So you would be needing a glue down installation.

6. glob@l

glob@l Active Member

Does Livyn vinyl have a sticky backing and what thickness is it?

7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

No. Its a click floor. There is a gluedown version but I havent fitted it.

8. glob@l

glob@l Active Member

With sheet vinyl, because of the size (6X4) I have been advised to fully stick a kitchen/diner. Did you lay yours in a big room without the glue version?

9. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

My neighbour had some Karndean installed in his hallway 15 years ago. Still looks new. That was wooden plank effect though.

masterdiy likes this.
  10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Done loads of them both for customers and for myself.

11. glob@l

glob@l Active Member

Yeh, It may be more cost effective in the long term. Had a look on you tube and it seems a little thicker than sheet vinyl though.

12. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

So we had Malmo fitted in our house with no regrets but we had to decide what we wanted ranging from LVT to Solid Oak etc. Found this article which really helped us make our mind up. Glad we choose Malmo now.

13. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

IMG_20190906_204230.jpg
    2nd the Karndean flooring.