Make copy of CD

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Jan 1, 2020.

1. I am trying to make a copy of a CD I bought myself for my wife so she can play it in her car.I have tried CDburner xp but after extracting from the original CD it will not copy onto the blank CD it says it may not be compatible.The blank CD is a Maxell CD-RW which is brand new and never been used.I then thought about using Windows Media Player but when I go into it I cannot see rip in the top corner.I am using Windows 7 but someone advise me.Thanks

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Never used CD Burner,you copying as a audio cd.

Try AnyBurn, found that works very well.

http://www.anyburn.com/

3. Abrickie

Abrickie Screwfix Select

iTunes will rip and burn.

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I've used cd burn xp.. CD rw may not play in a standard CD player. Also can you CD burner cope with rw discs?
    Go get standard disc from pound shop or supermarket.

5. Thanks KIAB I installed what you suggested but still had a few problems.After extracting the tracks from the 1st disc when it started to copy it then said failed.I tried three CD-RWs but all were the same so I then put in a ordinary CD which you can only use once and it copied to that disc.I then went to copy a disc I got for Christmas which was still in it's wrapping and I was able to copy that to one of the CD-RW's so not sure what the problem was.And yes I was copying from a audio CD

6. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Why you using RW discs. You can erase them (burn off layer) 7 times

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Need CD-R for audio,& will work in any player, but a CD-RW should also work with audio,but some CD players don't like them.

You have to choose Audio CD regardless of the disc when burning, if you want to use it in all CD players.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  8. Hi Wayners I have used CDburner xp before without a problem but never tried copying to a CD-RW but as in my previous reply I tried to copy a brand new CD onto the CD-RW and that worked.

9. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Erase other failed disc's and try again. Erase option with burn software. Set speed slower than the max disc. Don't touch pc when burning disc.

Dose car have auxiliary port? Our ford has one in glove box and mates Volvo is in centre arm rest. If so use phone.

Mrs uses the free music that comes comes with Amazon prime and I use Spotify. Just use jack lead with playlist on phone good to go. I'm done with cds. I've got some albums as MP3 on phone but all in on Spotify now.

Guess some like CDs still. It's what they know. Works for them.

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Same here with my Ford, got auxiliary port & usb port in centre arm rest, can use either for playing music,radio see the usb drive,got a few 16gb usb drives loaded with classical,country,etc,last hours,each drive will hold around 3500 MP3 tracks.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  11. I only have five CD-RWs and have now erased all five and will try again to copy to one of them and will report back as to what happens

12. I have just tried to copy from the original disc to the CD-RW disc and it was fine and have also copied to a second CD-RW disc and that also was fine so will leave it at that as my wife has her copy and have spent enough time on it so thanks for all the help much appreciated.Just one thing I do not have a CD player on my car so put the CD's I want to listen to on memory sticks which although not ideal has to do