Makita batteries and products scamming?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Amanda, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Amanda

Amanda Guest

This company is just not worth it! We have so many problems with their cordless tools batteries. We are trying to run a professional roofing company and all we want is for our tools to stand up to the job. regardless what company or job you have you want your equipment to last. Makita is not one that you want unless your expecting your battery's to die and stop holding charge after just a couple months.
    Dont get me wrong we take care of our equipment and allow the battery's to fully die before charging and they are stored away properly and used properly. We are not the only roofing company that has had these same issues with Makita. So what there's a warranty? What.. every couple months have the same issues after replacing or repairing your products? It's rediculas and I wouldn't recommend buying makita we no longer will be.
    Has anyone else had these issues with Makita?

2. Used to have problems with the old batteries but since using li-ion batteries have never had problems, and would recomend them

3. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

NiCd batteries? If you leave the battery in the sun for any length of time - the heat kills them.

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Yep, so does working in the pouring rain with them. Fzzzzzzzt!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. ilikethislady

ilikethislady New Member

Makita is absolutely rubbish, I have 2 Makita kits and both have gone back.  Batteries don't last and can barely use them on speed 2, there warranty is total rubbish, took 2 weeks for them to be returned and all I could see where some PAT labels...

Bosch (Green) free collect and return within 5 days or Milwaukee.

AW