Makita GN900SE Nailer

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Paul Campbell, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Paul Campbell

Paul Campbell New Member

Hi - I have a Makita GN900SE nailer. Recently the gun started to run out of battery power and stop nailing, usually after 20 - 40 nails from fully charged. The green charge indicator light would go from flashing green to flashing green/red and then to a constant orange. This indicates that the battery is faulty.

I ordered 2 new batteries, charged them and the same thing continued with the charge indicator light and would not nail after 20 - 40 nails. The batteries are charged to 8 volt (they are rated to 7.2 volt). After the light goes to fixed orange the battery will show a charge of 7.95 volt.

I have stripped the gun and everything is fine. There are only two electrical components inside which are the switch and the spark unit. While stripped I inserted a battery and pressed the trigger several times. Each time the ignition system created a spark.

Could the problem be the spark unit? Anyone any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. Paul Campbell

Paul Campbell New Member

Sorry, there are 3 main electrical components. The igniter, the switch and the motor. The motor runs unevenly after the gun has fired a nail. It will run at normal speed and then it runs as if it is struggling, as in insufficient power.