Makita Mitre Saw Appalling Quality

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Andy W, Feb 28, 2015.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Can you hear it over the noise of the tool and all the tools around you, for the money Festool charge I would prefer a cut off.

2. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

My Henry overheated & tripped the cut-out. My fault,as I had it connected to a little sander,so not enough airflow. I took it into the garden & let it pull in cold air. Good as gold ever since...I love my Henry. :D

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I have an outside drain that blocks occasionally and I used to suck it out using a wet and dry vac, however I lent this to someone who broke it so now I use the Henry with the bag taken out, not that I use the bag anyway.
    If you suck water with the Henry you can hear a change of pitch when it is getting full but the last time I did this I got distracted till it started pumping water out of the motor and I got a shock.
    Once it dried out it worked perfectly.

4. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Though a dog might and you would see the dogs ears ***** up and then you would know to stop.

5. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

My new vac is insured against theft for three years under festools theft agreement. The only bummer now is I need the reusable bag. Though I might think off a way to seal the self cleaning bag.

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If you cut the end off the bag and fold it over a thin plastic dowel, around 6mm dia, and then slice a bit of pipe, around 20mm dia, you can slip it over the bag and dowel to seal it.
    It's similiar to the Festool system but a ton cheaper.

Ryluer likes this.
  7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I just use a extra wide bulldog clips to seal paper & fleece bags on my cleaner.:)

Cut the end off the bag and fold it over & clip, use either single or a pair, got the clips in widths from 100mm up to about 160mm.

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It must be a very wide clip o_O

9. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Thanks. That's a good idea.