Mega flo water temperature problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by David west, Jan 31, 2021.

1. David west

David west New Member

I have had a mega flo for 10 years with no problems. Suddenly the temperature at the tap is above 70 degrees throughout the house. At the same time, one of the showers has also developed an inconsistency with temperature, with it going hot and cold all of the time. Everything else in the house, including a second shower, are not affected by a variance in temperature. We have repressurised the mega flo and this has had no effect on either problem. Can anyone help with this problem please?

2. Peterdevon

Peterdevon Screwfix Select

It could be the stat or may be the motorised valve stuck open, you need to get it looked at asap.

3. David west

David west New Member

Thanks for you reply. We have looked at the motorised valve (with the cover off) and if we switch the power off it moves to one position and when we turn it on it moves to another position. Do you mean the stat on the megaflo?

4. Peterdevon

Peterdevon Screwfix Select

Yes, is the stat operating the motorised valve when you turn it up and down?

5. David west

David west New Member

I’ll have a look when i get in from work tonight, thank you

6. That'd be one hot boiler to get your hot water up to 70°C! Has someone left the immersion on by mistake? (Mind you the stat on that would need checking too)

7. David west

David west New Member

The immersion is of,surely the boiler runs at that or hotter to get your rads up to temp, or am I not understanding something , thanks for your reply

8. David west

David west New Member

I have turned the boiler stat on the megaflow both ways fully and the zone valve did nothing, strangely tonight when I turned the power off to remove the cover plate the valve did not move at all , yesterday it kept moving when turning the power on and off .I turned the stat tonight with power on

9. David west

David west New Member

Tried what you said the zone vale did not move , thank you