Merry Christmas everyone.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by WillyEckerslike, Dec 23, 2018.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

They did start the beloved NHS that you work for.

Heat likes this.
  2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

And very grateful I am to Nye Bevan. ;)

Heat likes this.
  3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

As I pointed out earlier it was the u/s that politisised this post.

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You've also got the decriminalisation of homosexuality, the Open University, the Equal Pay act, minimum wage, what have Romans ever done for me...

5. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

No. The biggest threat to the break up of the eu is the UK leaving the eu. Which is why the europhiles are doing their utmost to ensure we remain.
    And a united UK outside an eu with no future will stay exactly that way, United.
    Unless treacherous republicans like corbin and mc donald get into power.

Heat likes this.
  6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Nothing changes,:( it's very sad that Willy's post of seasons greetings has sunken to the depths of politics and the usual boring Brexit disagreements. :(

Jord86 and WillyEckerslike like this.
  7. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Let's be absolutely clear who hates who in this equation.

The overriding emotion driving Britain's recent self-inflicted injury? Self pity.

8. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Touché.

9. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

It was the u-s who brought up youknowwhat on this thread, although tobefair is was done in a funny and non-offensive way.

Sooooo, I know - what did Santa bring y'all?

Bagsie me start - it was 7 bottles of whisky and a Ladybird book. :)

(Phew I managed to avoid the B-word).

10. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

I have never quite comprehended why some people in the UK...who believe in joining the EU to be 'stronger and survive'....also want to divide the UK to make it weaker for their own small minded nationalistic views. (welsh and Scots)
    I just love it when I hear people say I am WELSH or I am SCOTS...with great force and pride.(usually whilst living and working in England..lol)
    What are they so proud of ?
    Did they have any say in their parentage or location of birth ?
    Has that particular Nation done any more than any other Nation ?
    I suspect that 1.4 BILLION Chinese might disagree with them.
    Just a thought.
    Rs

Heat and Allsorts like this.
  11. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I tried.

RolandK, dinkydo, btiw2 and 3 others like this.
  12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Top marks for trying.:) although it has now become 'very trying'. :rolleyes:

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  13. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

RS: "I have never quite comprehended why some people in the UK...who believe in joining the EU to be 'stronger and survive'....also want to divide the UK to make it weaker for their own small minded nationalistic views. (welsh and Scots)"

It's a bit bizarre right enough.

But it doesn't apply to many on here I don't think?

I completely agree - I am Scottish, British and European, and not 'proud' to be any of them as it was not of my doing. I am hugely bludy grateful to be all three, tho'; each has given me a quality of life beyond that of which almost every human being who has ever lived has enjoyed.

If I were an immigrant or refugee who risked life and limb to come here and then showed their gratitude and appreciation by becoming a model citizen who makes the best of their new-found opportunity, then I could - rightly - claim to be proud to be British.

14. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Happy TheDayAfterBoxingDay to you and yours, Willy :)

btiw2 and WillyEckerslike like this.
  15. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Ah, pointless feuds and constant bickering.

It’s heartwarming to see some British Christmas traditions never die.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  16. It has been long overdue the time to get rid of them.
    The saxe-coburg and gotha's are a bunch of parasites living off the taxpayers of this country.

17. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

We need to keep the Royal Family.
    Certainly the Queen has been the best ambassador to the U.K. that we could ever have. And I think William and Harry are great at representing the U.K. and especially to younger folk across the world.
    But the rest of the hangers on Royals should get proper jobs and not waste public money.

Gringo28, dinkydo and retiredsparks like this.
  18. We need to get rid of the lot of the sponging parasites along with the house of lords.

We can then become a Democracy which we are not at the moment,with a cut down elected second house and an elected head of state.

19. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

The value of the Lords is that they can say what they think wIthout the risk of not being re-elected.

Having a 2nd elected chamber that mirrored the 1st would be pointless.

20. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

But we would be a poorer country without the senior Royals, in both definitions of the word ‘poorer’.
    The Royals and their residences are a big tourist attraction and a big draw to this country.
    It might seem strange, but outsiders tend to judge a country on its head of state and other leaders and our Queen has done a great job in that respect.
    France would have been a more interesting country if it still had Royals.
    Don’t get me wrong, most of our lower rank Royals should be sent packing

Gringo28 and dinkydo like this.