Messed Up Big Time Advice Needed - Leaking Water Pipe in Floor

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by andrew king, Nov 24, 2019.

1. andrew king

andrew king New Member

We have just sold our ground floor flat which was built in the 70s and the paperwork is going through with the solicitors and stuff. We noticed we had a small amount of water coming up from a hole/ large crack in our concrete floor. Was concerned that the longer we left it the more damage *** would do to the laminate flooring.

So I decided I would have a closer look and started to chisel away at the surrounding concrete because the leaking pipe is set in the old concrete. My aim was to chisel away around the pipe, see if I could repair the leak and then fill with concreate and job done. What actually happened was that I hit another water pipe which was under the one I was investigating and put a round hole into it which led to a fountain of water and a flooded hallway. I have switched off the water mains and mopped up. We have very little money left to fix anything, I am an amateur and should not have touched anything but I did. I have attached a number of photos. The one I put a hole into is the one underneath and the ones on top have a leak somewhere.

Any advice for repairing and idea of costs and work involved?

Attached Files:

2. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Looks like the pipes haven’t been protected with insulation or much.
    You will just have to bite the bullet and get a decent plumber in to fix it.
    If pipes in decent condition is the important thing.
    A plumber could connect onto pipes that are not damaged or corroded using plastic or copper push fit to keep labour costs down

3. andrew king

andrew king New Member

Hey, are we talking hundreds or thousands here from what you can see?

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Check your home insurance policy. No half hour quick fix there I am afraid.

5. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Hundreds ,and if flooring has to be taken up and can't be re layed ,several hundred.