metabo

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by rtm, Oct 12, 2003.

1. rtm

rtm New Member

has anyone had experience in use of metabo drills

2. WOLF

WOLF New Member

not to bad at all... but it is horses for courses.. if it does what you want, and it fits the price bracket then ok.. don't for get though...check to see if parts will still be available in a year or so's time..especially if it is a cordless for things like batteries.....

3. prawn

prawn New Member

Quality tools, I once had to decide between a metabo or de-walt cordless drill, went for the de-walt and the useless thing only lasted the year,(just in time for the warrenty to run out)
    after that I chose the metabo and it's a world of difference, it just feels precicise, and better put together than the de-walt, well worth the price tag.

4. dunc

dunc New Member

I use a Metabo SBT 15.6. It works well, the chuck is easy to operate, it is powerful and charges in less than an hour. It is heavy and bulky. There have been no problems or failures during the last two years.

5. WOLF

WOLF New Member

since i've been trading i've personnally used several brands of power tools (corded and cordless). iv'e tried bosch pro tools and got less than a year from them, makita and got about 15 months-18months, metabo lasted all of 20 months, and the dewalt, well i have one 12v cord less and it's into it's 10th year with me(had new batteries-nowt else) and the dw566 sds has lasted 5-1/2 years before it broke using a 127MM core drill...so my fault.. however having said that about the differing type/brands, it does pay to have the correct size/type/power of tool for the job...i.e don't try putting in No 10/12 screws with a 12v it will kill the drill in the end.. a 14v and up for those size of screws etc.. in other words pay attention to the recommended drilling/screwing capacities... they are there for our benefit..
    on another point to note, the dewalt range have a free service to check out the tool during it's first year ...how many of you take that option and get the tool checked out....same as the dewalt range, have a 30 day take it back option in the guarrantee... use them it is for your benefit.

6. Cecilb70

Cecilb70 Active Member

Spam? Sandwich anyone. Everyone knows DeWalt are poo.

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

It an old thread dug up by Snoflake the troll last night