Mice/rats/nothing to worry about????

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by EJH000, Jul 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. EJH000

EJH000 New Member

I wondered if anyone could help me with this query please? I heard loud gnawing inside the walls of my flat and I think something has entered from outside. So I know there is something somewhere in the foundations. The question is whether the 'something' has got inside the flat itself rather than just the foundations.

I found this hole at the back of the cupboard, BUT there's no droppings inside the hole or any sign of urine and I can't see any sawdust which I imagined would be created if a rodent had bitten through. There is no smell either, all of which I'd assumed there would be if a rodent had done the damage. My partner doesn't think the hole was created by a rodent and is instead a hole made by the builders when they needed a space for the wiring. I wondered if anyone had any ideas? I've attached three pictures.

Thanks very much

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  2. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

That hole in unit looks just like someone has drilled and then butchered the rest of the unit out, so rodents haven’t done that.

3. EJH000

EJH000 New Member

thank you so much, I really appreciate it. As I mentioned, there are some rodents somewhere and I've been really worried they've got in. I heard a squeak and the noise it/they make is pretty bloody loud - is there any way you know of telling whether it's mice or rats?

4. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Mice have much smaller droppings, but other than actually seeing the rodents, you wouldn’t know. Mice can make a surprisingly lot of noise.
    Best getting the professional pest controllers in, or contact your agent or landlord or local council first to see if they can help for free.
    This time of year birds can build in walls

5. EJH000

EJH000 New Member

Thanks again.

6. jameswills

jameswills Member

Any kind of animal that would do this would be there for a while so you would see poop. The only animal that I have ever had break into my house that destroyed something but didn't leave a lot of waste was a raccoon... But the damage would be a lot worse than this lol

EJH000 likes this.
  7. METRO MARK

METRO MARK Active Member

Geee Raccoon's in the U.K....blady climate change, what next McDunalds burgers.......US/CA imports to blame

8. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

9. METRO MARK

METRO MARK Active Member

LOL..... Now I want you to "Go Ahead" and stop the mass Invasion od Goddd Dammm Raccoooooooons :D

sparky steve likes this.
  10. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Get yourself a UV torch. If the critters are there, you can try track them from their urine tracks which glow in UV light. You can then block their entrance to your flat