Microbore Radiator Move

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Jamesbrede, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Jamesbrede

Jamesbrede New Member

Hi.

Complete DIYer so forgive me if this is a daft question, but I'm hoping some kind people on here will help me out with advice on a radiator move. It's connected on microbore and only needs to move a a couple of feet to the right. There is plenty of slack in the plastic piping, so that's not an issue. I reckon if I get enough hands on deck, I can shift it over to the right without draining it. Just a quick off and back on with someone guiding the piping so it doesn't snag or kink as we move it over. The question is, is this a wise approach? Draining seems a lot of hassle for such a short move.

Thanks in advance,

James

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

What do you propose to do with the radiator whilst you remove and / or fit the brackets in new position ?

3. Jamesbrede

Jamesbrede New Member

I only need to install one bracket to the right of where the radiator currently hangs, which I can do in advance. The bracket that currently serves as the radiators right bracket will then serve as its left bracket after the relocation, and I can simply remove the far left bracket that will become redundant.

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Sounds like a plan. As long as you don't put stress on the pipework/ joints its probably doable.

5. Jamesbrede

Jamesbrede New Member

Cheers. I think I'm going to give it a crack. Can't be worse than the drop ceiling I'm half way through

6. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Do the pipes come out from the wall?

7. Jamesbrede

Jamesbrede New Member

Hi.

I have concrete ceilings, so the pipework runs along the ceiling (copper initially and then into microbore) , down the wall (chased in but not yet plastered over) and then chased along above the skirting board to the radiator. That's what's affording me the slack to move it over - I can just loop the extra slack I don't need into the ceiling and pin it up there. I'm dropping the ceiling by 7cm anyway, so all that will be hidden in the end.