MilWAUKEE HD18CS-0 Cordless circular saw

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by ChrisA, Oct 18, 2021.

1. ChrisA

ChrisA New Member

Was nearly pressing the button to buy this, but noticed it has a 15.87mm bore hole. Eh? Am I to assume that only Milwaukee can supply blades for this saw then? Nothing at all on Screwfix site to fit this, and even spacers are either 13mm or 16mm. Whose daft idea was it to make such an odd sized hole, and more to the point, is it worth me buying then?

2. ChrisA

ChrisA New Member

Well, I've used Makita, DeWALT and **** like Ryobi, but the Milwaukee stuff beats all of it. Anyway, what help was your reply supposed to be? And, I'm guessing you aint a 'professor' in English, eh?

3. Abbadon2001

Abbadon2001 Member

Saxton make blades to fit - i.e. they supply a 15.87mm reducer with the blade.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Saxton-Circular-Compatible-Milwaukee-15-87mm/dp/B08KJG59ZT?th=1

ChrisA likes this.
  4. Abbadon2001

Abbadon2001 Member

5. JimboJenkins

JimboJenkins New Member

5/8” = 15.875mm, saw designed for US market no doubt.

Abbadon2001 likes this.
  6. ChrisA

ChrisA New Member

ok, I've bought it, and I'll get the Saxton blades. Thanks for all your help guys.

7. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Well-Known Member

'The Professor 2' is the resident forum troll. He usually appears on Saturday nights after the drugs and booze have kicked in, all under different account names obviously - Gilbert the Clown, Nairobi, Chuck Norris with Glasses ..... He gets banned and all his posts deleted by the mods on a Monday usually. His spelling and grammar are absolutely hilarious. Although some of his posts are quite funny - others are most definitely not. He posted something on the thread of a female contributor this last Saturday which was absolutely vile.

8. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Well-Known Member

Not directly connected (and therefore apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread) - but I have upwards of 30 circular saw blades in a constant cycle of being used and resharpened. My most-used blades are the 48T x 2.2 kerf x 20 bore for a Festool TS55, of which I have around 12-15 (haven't counted recently). An advert popped up on ebay for Trend blades compatible with the TS55 at £35 for 3 = just over a tenner each. It costs me a fiver to have each old one sharpened, so I thought I'd take a punt - I mean, just how bad could they be? They're brilliant - every bit as good as the OEM blades, and so cheap. If the Milwaukee-compatible blades are anywhere near as good, you're onto a winner there.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  9. Abbadon2001

Abbadon2001 Member