Mira Advance ATL Shower Problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Graham Cunniffe, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Graham Cunniffe

Graham Cunniffe New Member

The shower would start ok then after about a minute (maybe a little more) stop working, sometimes both red lights would come on, sometimes just the reset. The only thing I could think was the inlet filter so I changed it. After fitting I thought the shower would need bleeding before starting so I pressed the bleed button, I noticed a little bit of water dripping from inside the shower so dried with a cloth and tried again I think the water (only a little it seems when the button is pressed) is coming from under the button (or around that area) is this normal?
    Or could the original problem (running for a time and then stopping) be something else (I have not tried the shower since fitting the filter) the front is still off.
    Regards
    Graham

2. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

Have you tried removing the shower head and running the shower? Sometimes scale build-up can cause it to stop working. Also check the connections at both ends of the flexible hose to the shower head.

3. Graham Cunniffe

Thank you, I'll try that

4. Graham Cunniffe

Tried it, put on a new hose then tried it without the shower head, I thought it was ok but after 2min 45 secs it stopped so same problem still exists. On another board someone said it maybe the relay board but at about £90 it seems a bit like a coin in the air so buying a new shower.