Mira Jump Shower, Power and Water Pressure OK but no go

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by lucasdiy, Jan 11, 2017.

1. lucasdiy

lucasdiy New Member

Hi All,
    My Mira Jump shower just packed up for no obvious reason....power OK (light showing at ceiling 45A pull switch) and water pressure OK
    So I bought a new Mira Jump at Screwfix and installed it but same problem. Light at the pull switch, plenty of water. No neon in the unit until I press start, then neon lights up but no sound or water.
    I suspected a poor connection at the ceiling switch so swapped that, no joy. Then I took out the ceiling switch altogether and joined the wires up. No joy.
    So have I been really unlucky and bought a new shower with the same problem as the old one (which wasn't very old) or am I missing something.
    I'm mystified. All ideas welcomed.
    Many Thanks
    Paul

2. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

You say "plenty of water", what do you mean? I'm thinking the symptoms are as though there's a water issue/blockage or something similar.

3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

4. lucasdiy

lucasdiy New Member

Thanks Dr Bodgit. By 'plenty of water' I mean I did loosen the compression joint going into the shower and got a high power spray so I think that's OK. The other thread was interesting, but having tried it with no switch at all (ie connecting wires together) and with a brand new switch, I think I've ruled that out as a source of the problem.
    So I'm still mystified.....

5. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Try disconnecting the water supply to shower. Maybe you might have to remove shower from wall to expose the supply pipe. (don't forget to isolate the power)
    Then test the Actual water flow.

Of course you will need a good water supply as like an ordinary cold tap.

Are you sure, you dont have an Isolator somewhere in the supply run????