Mira shower 8.5kw stopped working suddenly

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by vmary1973, Nov 14, 2018.

1. vmary1973

vmary1973 New Member

Hi. The last time I was about to use this shower ( which is less than 2 years old ) it started as normal. The water came on as normal but only for a second or two. Then it completely stopped. I tried to restart it but not to avail. When I press the shower button on or off, the little green light at the top flashes very briefly and goes dark again. I checked the cord switch too and all connections are tight and don't seem to be the issue as far as I can tell.
    Any advice on what it could be please? I read about possible Solenoid issues or a microswitch issue.
    Thanks
    Vincent

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Could be any of the things you mentioned. But you begin fault finding by confirming the supply 230 volts between live and neutral ,at the shower mains in terminal block. That requires testing equipment ,such as a twin probe voltage tester ,or multimeter and the knowledge of how to do it safely. If the supply is in order then move onto solenoid etc.