Mirror bulb holder help

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Bradley6969, Dec 8, 2018 at 9:18 AM.

1. Bradley6969

Bradley6969 Member

Mrs has a vanity mirror with lights, one of the SES bulb holders has packed up any chance you lot know where I can get the same ones from? I’ve found similar but not the same

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Think you will struggle to find suitable replacement, I replace with LED fitting, cool running, brighter, & most likely easier to fit & source

Google led vanity lights,led rope.

3. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

What do you mean by 'packed up'? There is not a lot that can go wrong with a lampholder. There are two wires attached to it, has one come detached? Can you not just repair it? Try bending the centre contact up a little if its not quite touching the lamp.

4. Bradley6969

Bradley6969 Member

I spoke to the guy who made the mirror and he says he’s had them specially made but I thought to myself surely you can buy them so he’s just gonna send me a couple out
    Thanks

5. Bradley6969

Bradley6969 Member

Nope, the centre contact has now broken off don’t think there much good ones but she has 12 bulbs on her mirror and it’s lasted 10 months so for one to go wrong I can’t complain