Missing traps?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jammasterj, May 20, 2022.

1. Jammasterj

Jammasterj New Member

AB5E24F2-BCD1-412F-B231-62B4D1BCA8E9.jpeg 7C458813-56BC-4DAF-8CD6-FB30CE10E82C.jpeg I’ve just moved into a house where both the dishwasher and washing machine gurgle and smell when running. I am thinking of buying this: https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast...mm/12794#product_additional_details_container and fitting between both the waste pipes. Is this the correct solution to my issue?

I’ve attached a photo of the washing machine (the one with the cleaning cans) and the dishwasher (much more complex pipe work (to me anyway!)) Many thanks!

2. Dan dan the man

Dan dan the man Active Member

Top picture looks fine to me. But the bottom picture needs some adjustment as everytime you empty the sink some dirty water will backfill into the dishwasher, there’s already a spigot further down you can connect it too and you can then blank off the one currently being used, make sure the waste pipe for the dishwasher goes up before it comes back down onto the spigot as well.
    Use item number 96079 to blank it off. the gurgling sounds is pretty normal when the machine is emptying.

3. Dan dan the man

Dan dan the man Active Member

Did this fix the issue?

4. Jammasterj

Jammasterj New Member

Yes sorry! I made it a high loop on the dishwasher like you said and I’ve ordered an anti syphon waste for the washing machine (just not fitted yet as it’s not an exact fit). Appreciate your assistance, many thanks!

Dan dan the man likes this.