Mitox Multitool - not running

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by J Theobald, Jul 14, 2015.

1. J Theobald

J Theobald New Member

I was seduced into buying a Mitox Multitool - which to be honest is the biggest load of **** I have ever purchased.

I have had nothing but problems with it largely due to the quality of the components. However, I cannot afford something else so try to coax it back to life. Please can somebody help me before I totally lose it.

The engine started previously but when increasing power it cuts out. Now it's hard to start and when it does start it idles a a very low speed before cutting out.

I have replaced the carb, fuel filter, fuel lines yet still it wont work. When I take the air filter out and try to start the engine fuels spits out. This means that the fuel filter is covered in fuel.

I would have thought that the engine would breath in, not spit out.

Please help!

John.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Total CARP!

Got given one to sort out a while back:mad:, runs on a stupid 40:1 mix which is a pain, instead of usual 50:1 which all my stihl run on.
    Also you must run it in gently for 10 hours, before it will get full power.

Fuel running out, means it's flooded, blocked jet(s) or over choking.

After several hours of messing around, I found the problem, there a filter on the fuel line within the petrol tank, that fuel line had a small split in it,so fuel was being sucked up, then running back into tank even before it got to the carb. No chance of it ever starting.

J Theobald likes this.
  3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Try taking the exhaust off and starting.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

J Theobald likes this.