Monobloc connections

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dithers, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Dithers

Dithers New Member

I understand that a (3 way) kitchen tap monobloc has 8mm copper pipe connections?
    What is the correct way to connect these to the 15mm copper supplies?

Thanks

Dithers

2. sparkydude

sparkydude Member

You can either get brass compression reducers for them to reduce down from immediately to 8mm ,but i think you will find the pipes are 10mm, or you can use push fit connectors. Just make sure you bond the pipework to the tap with earth amps and 4mm earth cable , and if you use the plastic push fit reducers you should bond across them too i think yorkshire make a brass push fit reducer called tectite.
    if this is used you only need to bond across the hot and cold pipes.

hope this helps

Nick

3. RH

RH New Member

A lot of the taps I see nowadays come with pipes that are 15mm anyway, if not both 8 to 15mm and 10 to 15mm adaptors are available, even b&q stock them.

4. gjc

gjc Guest

Plus you will doubtless need Check Valves fitted. You must read the instructions carefully before installation!

GJ

5. Dithers

Dithers New Member

Thanks to all for the advice, it is much appreciated.

Dithers

6. gjc

gjc Guest

Dithers,

Your mother would be proud of you. On behalf of all the lads; thanks for bothering to pop back and thank us!

GJ

PS. Now don't start thanking us for our thank you to your thank you!! It'd get tedious:)