Monoblock Mixer Tap Sealing Gasket

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by twisty, Dec 10, 2006.

  1. twisty

    twisty New Member

    The rubber sealing gasket between the sink and the base of the large monoblock mixer tap on my kitchen sink has perished as the tap securing nut became loose and the swivel action of the tap has torn the gasket.

    The tap is only three years old but I cannot identify the make. Are these gaskets readily available from large plumbling merchants or will I need to somehow obtain the make and type of the tap and get this from the manufacturers?

    Anyone any ideas?

  2. Captain Leaky

    Captain Leaky New Member

    possibly! ideally identify make and model of tap as they do vary, if you have taken the tap off - which you will have to do to change the washer take it into your local merchant and find something that will do.
  3. tightenit

    tightenit New Member

    I wouldn't have thought that the tap swivels on the gasket anyway,it swivels mid way up. Without getting yer nickers in a not you could make a gasket either for on top or underneath without much effort.Called 'washers'they bridge the metal to metal to contact on top and below the tap.Not really a drama there is there?
  4. Spyder

    Spyder New Member

    Cobble it together, apply silicone sealant to both sides, tighten the nut.

Share This Page