More popcorn?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Allsorts, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Is that you shutting the door after the horse has bolted. ??

2. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

un-zzzziiiiipppppppppp.

For you to claim that the EU would or could now hold us to worse terms than we had before is (a) completely unfounded and unjustified and has no basis whatsoever other than as a conspiracy theory, and (b) just untrue.

I hope that's clear.

3. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

No, it's the sound of me trying my very best to be 'good'.

Lawd, you make it hard...

4. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Oh go on be Bad, SF P is lurking. :D

5. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

I was more concerned about my Willy... :rolleyes:

6. Broon

Broon Active Member

We really are in a bad position that I don't really see any good out come from. We have kinda been backed in to a corner which means one of two things we will either try to fight or flight.

7. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

What's all this craziness!

We are part of a union which we helped run and to which we paid a contribution, and from which we reaped huge mutual benefits.

We want to leave and stop paying our tab - how can the result be anything other than what it is?!

I - and other - Remainers knew this from well before the ref as threads on here will testify. If Leavers are dismayed or struggling with this basic concept, then well, you know

8. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

I'M SPARTACUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really, I'm Jord. No one else sorry mate. Though I suppose I'm a bit odd.

9. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Totally agree.
    Guy Verhofstadt, the bloke responsible for coordinating the EU parliament’s Brexit stance has already confirmed this.
    This bloke allsorts doesn't seem to have a clue. Except what he sees through his rose tinted glasses.

10. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

You knew that we would have a leave victory that the anti democratic remoaners wouldn't accept and project fear would be kept on full throttle undermining the pm's job.
    Why didn't you and your fellow remoaners warn the pm?
    Or at least lend those in charge your trusty crystal ball.
    In fact if you are so clever why arnt you doing the pm's job?
    Selling us down the river seems to be right up your street.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  11. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

PJT or Jack. Imma say JoCF.

12. Odd Bodkin

Odd Bodkin Active Member

No idea who they are.

I am who i am.

13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

No, we have the demonstration of the Tovertafel next Tuesday, so after that the fundraising should go into overdrive. We have some good ideas from colleagues as to fundraising ideas though. One being a sponsored walk ( pub crawl in reality ) from Florence Nightingales Derbyshire home, to the statue of her outside our hospital ( somewhere around 20 odd miles) Another being a ascent of Derby Cathedral , followed by an abseil down the outside. We're organising cake sales, coffee mornings, and a few car boot sales ( alongside the usual raffles etc) Hoping to get some funding for it from internal sources and some from the hospital League of Friends. Been far too busy on the ward this last month or so, to concentrate on the Tovertafel project. I'm moving downstairs to the Winter Pressure Ward just after Xmas for a few months, but am putting my heart and soul into the Tovertafel project too. It's too much of a benefit for our patient base to pass up on. The Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading we're so impressed with the Tovertafel, they actually bought 5,,, one each for their elderly care wards. Tried to get our Chief Exec to come to the demo, but he has a board meeting that morning, but he emailed me back asking for feedback from the presentation as he's very interested. All looking good for next year.
    PS, a big thanks ;) Merry Christmas

PhilSo likes this.
  14. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Do you have a penchant for cat flappery?

15. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Remind me again, which part of " net contributor" you don't quite understand. Some economists say the EU has cost the consumer heavily on food expenditure, by the tariffs the EU place on imported goods from outside the EU. Perhaps by " huge mutual benefits" you mean the EU funded projects to create nice walking/ cycling routes around the countryside. You know the ones where the EU " supplies half of the money for some project a limited amount of the population will actually benefit from, just as long as our government supply the other half of the funding. In effect, telling our government, what they will spend money on ( and you refuse to admit the EU controls our government spending, as they do the other member countries) The EU tell us that industry can't be propped up by government, yet many other member countries have nationalised industries propped up by ? )
    The EU have stated they are pushing for full integration of all member countries into some mad, hairbrained socio economic experiment. No guessing which country will reap the benefits if this happens.

PhilSo likes this.
  16. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

I hope you get it if I have any spare cash I will donate it Merry Christmas

PhilSo likes this.
  17. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

That's a toughie, Filly - I wish I'd had the PM's ear.

18. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

You are honestly telling us on here that you reckon this could have been a straight-forward and painless process had negotiations been handled differently?

Would Boris - telling them to do whistle - have had a better outcome, I wonder?

Why didn't Davis manage it - it was his task after all? Was he also (deliberately) trying to nobble the deal?

Oh the world of conspiracies you rely on.

19. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Hmmm, I sense more Mr Ha than Filly in that beaut.

Who else is missing? HARRY! Is that you!

20. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Who's PJT? And JoCF? You mean JoT?