More popcorn?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Allsorts, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Odd Bodkin

Odd Bodkin Active Member

"A cynic is someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."

2. Odd Bodkin

Odd Bodkin Active Member

Compared to the omnishambles May's government is making of things how would this be a bad thing?

*Not saying i'm in favour of that.

I'm not even sure Corbyn would get a better deal either.

When the EU said the UK couldn't be seen to leave the club with a better deal than those countries still remaining within, they meant it. And can you blame them? Under no circumstances will they allow the EU to be broken up by outside interference, whether from the UK, USA or the Russian Federation.
    It's all very well complaining about Rumanian gypsies or Bulgarian window cleaners but i wish Brexiters would take their heads out of the sand and try to see a bigger picture.

Allsorts and Hans_25 like this.
  3. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Damn the EU for drawing a line in the sand, showing it to all the world, and then sticking by it.

What are they like?! Don't they know who we are?

4. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

zzzziiiiippppp

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Are you saying Tom saw it from someone else's point of view ? He said it as he saw it. Everything boils down to immigration you are assuming. Well open your eyes and look around Europe. Do you think the EU's open door policy has been a resounding success ? I think there's many French, German, Swedish, Belgian, Spanish, Greek and Italian citizens would agree that it has failed EU citizens badly.

6. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

I think you just quoted exactly what gets at the Leavers, and those remainers too who don't like "the EU" but on balance decide to remain within.

Its this notion that there is this "EU" which is somehow a separate entity and a law unto themselves; they are a ruling institution quite separate to the member countries and the millions of constituents. "The EU" should be a body who's overriding principle is to represent the views of its members and ensure everything they do is for the benefit of the members.

The way "the EU" is behaving is anything but this.

7. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

Nothing wrong with controlling immigration JJ...its not just those who won't benefit the country financially that we want to keep out, its also those who's values are not aligned to our western liberal values that we should keep out to. Nothing wrong with that...our values and culture is what made the west great, and I'm proud of that.

And having this view is not racist, bigoted or xenophobic. It might be right of centre. A bit.

longboat and Allsorts like this.
  8. joinerjohn1

Not according to DA. Having this view means you've just joined the racist, bigoted, xenophobic, homophobic club. Therefore it follows that you're now a committed Leaver. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

Its called being an ideologue JJ...firm in ones views, not open to other ideas which may move your position. We all have our views and opinions but we should remain open to hearing opposing views in case we think they may actually have a point. That's what I try to do.

That is what discussion and debate is all about. Unfortunately on these forums it seems to be Standard Operating Procedure to spout the same old same old with fingers firmly in one's ears.

Odd Bodkin likes this.
  10. joinerjohn1

Project Fear has had its greatest effect felt in North Devon. Those poor people never knew what hit em.

11. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

They probably think the EU is run by the Cornish.

chippie244 likes this.
  12. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

What I'm saying, JJ, is that Tom made his judgement based on what everyone he knows who voted Leave cited as being the reason. That's it. This is what people are saying, and he relayed it to me. Simple as that. No deviousness, no evasion, now't.

He hasn't given his own personal opinion, and neither have I asked him because he is not on this forum having this discussion.

Why is our honest plumber's opinion so important? Well, we both agree on something; our Tomp is as straight and honest as the day is long. And we both also know that you went on his forum and continued your lies about me on there as you do on here - oh look, there you go again #168 - what are you like! Your porks left Tomp a bit confused as he didn't know who to believe.

Do you remember honesty, JJ? The days before you tried to evade direct questions and pretend your reasons for voting were anything other than the obvious? If you'd an honourable reason for your Leave decision, then you'd also have no reason to be so transparently evasive about the most basic of question; you would be 'open'. As Tomp is. You'd also avoid the Trumpisms like trying to call others for what you, yourself, are.

You could try and spend some of the festive season harking back to the person you once was before you disappeared behind your self-deceit.

13. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

They've no need too.
    Its been broken up quite nicely from within.

14. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Sadly remoaners will never see the bigger picture. Lets face it... democracy just isn't their thing.
    Time to pull the draw bridge up and go for no deal.
    Remoaners can traisp off down the channel tunnel to their beloved eu and we can fill it in behind them with concrete.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  15. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Your 'only' point is that you reject the claim that Mrs Miller isn't trying her best to thwart brexit.
    The 'point' I was making is quite clear, transparent if you will, call it what you like, but I don't believe you can't see what her intent has been all along.
    I'd have given her the benefit of the doubt if she'd taken the court action and left it at that. Fair do's. It's her right to do so, as is her right to try and prevent the UK leaving the EU.
    You are either extremely naive to think otherwise or just being silly.
    Which is it?

I'm not sure what kind of twisted connection you're making with this matter and a Scottish wind farm, other than you appear to be one.

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Brexit isn't going to happen so you best get used to that fact.

17. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Load of tosh.

18. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I've got 40 odd years worth of evidence pointing directly to where the, EEC - EU is heading.
    That might be your thing, I do know for sure that it ain't mine, which is why I voted leave.

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Do you want to make a bet?

20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

You might be right, chip's.
    It's out of our hands now.
    We will see.