Mortice lock jig

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by ukwoody, Jan 29, 2005.

  1. ukwoody

    ukwoody New Member

    Hi all,

    I've just seen a locksmith using a mortise jig to fit a lock. it is superb. But it is NOT the trend one.
    It appeared to be called the DBB mortice jig and is designed to be used with a drill. A superb bit of kit that just clamps to the door. A special bit fits into your drill and you set the depth. The unit then slides on two poles up and down the door.

    I know of one company that supplies - 2k
    but they won't deal with me as I'm not a limited company and am not a registered locksmith. Does anybody know of anywhere else I can obtain one or something very similar?
    Currently there is one for sale on ebay , but it is slighlty damaged.

    any help very much appreciated
  2. bodget&scarpers

    bodget&scarpers New Member

  3. ukwoody

    ukwoody New Member

    No Joy thanks b&s. the nearest one they do has a machine attached to the jig. the one I'm after comes as just a jig and costs about £130. Thanks anyway
  4. Markybob

    Markybob New Member

    The DBB is a Hafele morticer, pt no 001.67.700, try

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice