Most dangerous tool

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by wiggy, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Get your mind out of the gutter, I meant wallpaper steamer.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Rough_Legs_Completed.JPG

Couple of pairs for you :D :D :D

3. Phil the Paver

Chainsaw did a nice job. :p:p:p:p:p

4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Oh well, at least me tea won't resurface! :D

Joe95 and longboat like this.
  5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Had a circular saw kick back and few years ago, sliced right into my knacker-sack.

Nar, not really, but if you're ever thinking about having the snip.

Have a think about that first.

Same sort of thing.

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

7. Phil the Paver

Went to doc's for mine, 20 minutes and 120 quid, jobs a goodun. :)

8. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

Piccies please.?:D

9. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

Bloke on a scaffold using a Stihlsaw to cut some scaffold tube, rested said tube across existing scaffold and proceeds to cut tube, it jams, machine kicks back and results in below knee amputation, operator error!
    Lad gets smacked in mouth with large drilling machine whilst drilling joists and holding drill one handed, operator error!
    Lad stripping cable ends up with load of stitches in thigh after slipping with Stanley knife, for some reason he had rested cable on his leg, again operator error.

I've been working with power tools since I was about 9 years old, respect the tool, watch what you are doing and you'll be safe, the one that makes me shudder is people who drop a grinding disc onto a hard surface, pick it up and fit it to a machine, NO! throw it away, it may have suffered damage that will result in a failure in use, Is your life only worth about £3 ?
    I've had a disc shatter, luckily I was wearing a full face visor, it was ruined! I've also seen the aftermath of when a disc shatters, not pretty.
    Sadly I find these days that with the growth in diy and the shops associated with it, tools that were once only in the hands of the professional are now coming into the hands of the diy'er who quite often will not take time to familiarise themselves with the tool, or even read the manual.

Magjul likes this.
  10. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

My most dangerous tool - My do, guards the home and looks after the family, stands in the window and puts off cold callers, extremely dangerous to the wrong types. Bt even when playing he can cause some significant damage. Last year when he ran into me and knocked me over and broke my arm, on Monday he was playing with his monkey knot toy and was throwing it about and hit me in the nose. Been walking around with two black eyes since

11. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Most dangerous 'tool' i have witnessed is DA, on these forums!! :p:p:p

philthespark likes this.
  12. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

My German Shepard is like that, sits there praying for someone to break in, she's a bit like Clint Eastwood, "go ahead, make my day". she's gone really lazy recently, don't know whether its the cold or what but she prefers to travel by car! we were going out the other day and the wind blew the car door shut, she walked all around the car and when she couldn't find an open door she went back into the house. It's sort of like "well in the car I can still growl at people but I don't get cold, wet, or dirty paws, If we can't drive there then I'm not going", and who said animals were stupid. lol

13. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

I've been fairly lucky so far. Nearly broke my wrist drilling a RSJ with a cheap, clutch-less drill when the bit caught.
    Other one was cutting slating felt with a folding Forge Steel knife when it decided to come apart and push the blade straight into my thumb.

14. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Mine stands bolt upright, paws on the window, watching people as they walk by. When standing he is around 6ft and over 12st, remarkably haven't had any body trying to sell me tarmac, home renovations, charity subscriptions etc. But like superman he does have his Kryptonite - rain! have to drag him outside if it is raining not good being in Wales

15. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I did the same about a year ago, found a folding knife in a box in the workshop, couldn't remember why I put it in the box as it looked quite good. Went to use it and the blade part sprung back and sliced into me - put it in the bin this time

16. Phil the Paver

And the wife got bruised knuckles. :p:p

17. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I have an electric chain saw, but have hardly used it due to fear of killing myself!!

18. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

She has actually poisoned me, burnt me, electrocuted me and knocked me of a motorbike with her car :rolleyes:

19. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

The bloke using it, unsafely

20. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Saw a guy cut a branch of tree he was sitting on with a chainsaw he was quite high up and hit every branch on the way down