Most Unusual Payment

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by stevie.c, Nov 7, 2005.

1. stevie.c

stevie.c New Member

Did a favour for a neighbour/friend on saturday replacing a broken interior door.The job only took 1 1/4 hrs and i wasn't expecting any money,anyway i got the next best thing 24 cans of STELLA and a apple & blackcurrant crumble,quality ! Any of you fellas had any unusual payments ?

2. wood4fun

wood4fun New Member

done a job for a mates neighbour moved a pvc door in to a new opening which he already had made and made good the old opening just a bit a plastering. he help me we done it in a day. start forward no problems he had his brother inlaw to help us as well. i was doing it as a favour for sorting out my kids computer (as he works in SONY-IT).so call me the next day and said i had forgotten some thing and he would drop it in for me. when he call in he said this is yours - it was a sony various laptop 18months old - i said no way he reply yes that is what the job was worth to me. i was lost for words. that was very unusual for a payment.

3. handyman.

handyman. New Member

One of my customer is a wine merchant. I get wine and champagne at cost to the value of the job, plus a few more.:)

4. Years ago I did a little job for my neighbour - a widow in her late 60's.

Next day she brought round a home made rice pudding - fantastic.

This continued for about 4 years, every Friday she brought a rice pudding.

Sad thing was that she developed Alzheimers, we were getting 6 - 8 puddings a week. Eventually she was admitted to hospital for her own safety,

5. Hitch.

Hitch. New Member

Bless her!!

6. We went to see her after she'd been in hospital for a couple of weeks - she was in the secure wing.

When we left she was clinging to the bars on the window, screaming for us to take her home, probably one of the most upsetting experences of my life.

It was several years before she died.