Mountfield 543 self propelled 2006

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Kirk Armstrong, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Kirk Armstrong

Kirk Armstrong New Member

I have petrol lawnmower the drive belt came off in heavy brambles garden plus small electric grey strip with connectors each end took to machinery shop to sort issue sharpend blade okay replaced oil but lots of oil over machine.. before took in was working but not self propelled. Now wont start at all .. I called shop asking if they had started it was very vague..they fitted new belt but not the grey electric connector they say they have looked at diagrams of machine and it does not show this connection it was down by drive belt at end of machine Does anyone know what it is or where it fits would very much appreciate any help with this issue

2. chesterw

chesterw Well-Known Member

The grey connector is nothing to with the mower, all electrical bits (if any) are on the engine. Why is there "oil all over the machine"? I would also look for new repair shop, returning the non-running mower without explanation points to incompetence.

Can the pull cord be easily pulled? Is the oil level correct, is the spark plug ok, if not or unsure fit a new one, fit the blade - the blade acts as a fly wheel for the engine and without it the engine timing will be incorrect.

3. Kirk Armstrong

4. Kirk Armstrong

The pull cord is slightly tighter but does pull but no kick in blade to start don't know how to check oil level first time used shop had heard good reviews not easy to find lawnmower repairs okay have taken it back to them to sort but not happy so far over £60 for blade new drive belt fitted and oil change oh vat

5. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

Maybe someone had fitted a new coil or similar and used terminal blocks to join the wiring? Have you got a photo?