Mounting radiator to insulated plasterboard

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Gazelle, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Gazelle

Gazelle New Member

Hello,

I have a wall on which I would like to mount a smallish radiator (about 25kg plus water). The wall is lined with insulated plasterboard (25mm) on studs (25mm). So the distance from the face of the plasterboard to the brick is 50mm and the void space behind the plasterboard is 25mm.

What is the best way to fix something this heavy in this situation? I’ve looked at corefix and rigifix fixings, but they don’t seem to span such a large gap according to their specs.

Would you use an anchor fixing, or just stick a standard plug into the brick with a long screw?

Thanks!

2. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

I've successfully used fischer frame fixings through 62mm insulated PB. I've also used long screws and brown plugs.

If the PB hasn't been skimmed yet, you could cut a section away with a multitool and fix a batten to the wall and then replace the PB.

CGN likes this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Threaded bar and chemical fixing. M6 bar and washer and nut. Buy long bar from DIY a cut. Small resin tube will do it.

Mr Rusty likes this.
  4. Jimbo

Jimbo Screwfix Select