Move Cooker Socket

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by PaulLaing, Oct 26, 2016.

1. PaulLaing

PaulLaing New Member

Novice here so be kind! So I have just moved into a new flat and theres only two spaces for kitchen appliances. I have got a space for and underdesk fridge or washing machine. I also have a space which can easily fit a fridge freezer. So one problem is solved, we have laundry facilities in the building so no need for a washing machine in kitchen. I have a cooker and a fridge freezer, problems solved right? Nope! The area that would easily fit the fridge freezer has the cooker socket and the area that can fit cooker has a work top above it so the hobs would be covered! Are there any cheap ways (completely skint with the move) I can remedy this? E.g. can I, instead of conecting cooker to cooker socket, connect it to a three pronged plug?

Any advice would be apreciated

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  2. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

What is the power requirement of the cooker?. Usually there's a rating plate on the inside door frame of the oven, or on a label at the back.

PS What does this mean?

3. PaulLaing

PaulLaing New Member

Haven't picked it up yet second hand getting it Friday.

The hobs are the 4 rings you put pots on, they will be covered by the kitchen work top/unit. Only a small fridge or washing machine will fit.

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

You could cut the worktop!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Ah ok.
    U need to find out make & model, then google to find the spec.

6. PaulLaing

PaulLaing New Member

Mr Handy was thinking that but got cupbords above it.

7. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Ok. No go there then.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

8. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Take cupboard down above where rings going?