Mower recommendations?

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by SteveMJ, Jun 24, 2014.

1. SteveMJ

SteveMJ Active Member

Hello

My 14 year old Yardman YM6521SM mower 'died' at the weekend and I'm looking for a replacement. I borrowed our neighbours much smaller mower and definitely appreciate the wider cut and also variable speed.

What would you recommend around 21” maybe 22” for home use (i.e. non-professional). I read good reviews about Mountfield, but a model such as MOUNTFIELD SP555 is single speed and toward the top of my budget.

Others I’ve looked at on internet are Cobra MX564SPB (22”), Toro 20955 (22”) and McCulloch, garden care LM53SPA all around the same cost of £400 to £450 and have similar feature.

What is your experiences, I’m a bit spoilt by choice.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I bought what looks very similar to SF's deal of the day for £175 a few years ago and it cuts my grass fine.
    30' x 100' garden, not that level,and I only have to bribe my son a fiver to do it.
    Put the choke on, hold the deadmans handle then pull the rope and it starts.
    Push it and it cuts grass. :):)

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

And if you click on buy it now the price drops to £150!

4. SteveMJ

SteveMJ Active Member

I bought a Toro 20958 22" £465. It is due to arrive early next week.

Cheers, Steve

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Well done you.