MPG for Peugeot Boxer

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Hoskie, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

HI all, is there anyone who drives a Peugeot Boxer 1.9 diesel? Well I just bought one about a month ago, business is going good and fancied a decent reliable van that looks the part. Well chuffed with it so far, nice to drive and all that but * me it goes through some diesel. I travel to leeds and bradford from my base which i roughly 170 miles round trip and I have to put £25 into get me there and back *5 days a week thats £125.

Am i paranoid or does my new aquasition have a thirst problem?

Anyone know what average MPG should be?

Cheers lads.

Hoskie

[Edited by: admin12]

2. yosser hughes

yosser hughes New Member

25 quid for 170 miles.... sounds about right to me

3. My vito does about 400 miles on a full tank which is now almost £65.

That's about 30 mpg which is pretty good for a van full of stuff.

4. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

I was thinking maybe the automatic choke was stuck on. Just got back from Bradford and I spent the last two hours watching the fuel guage going down.

5. Boxer Red

Boxer Red New Member

I drive a 2.5 boxer, and I'd say yours is about right. I recon i get about 70 miles on a tenna.
    BR

6. ukwoody

ukwoody New Member

Smile. My poor old r reg Trannie with 240k on the clock does about 24 miles to the gallon! Thats about 33quid for that journey. I get about 330 iles for a full £60 tank load when I do Pembrokeshire to Southampton.
    Woody