Msg for Robbo.

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Hoskie, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

Robbo, you state that the big money is in Dublin and Cork. Are you from that area? If so do you have any contacts over there to get plastering work? Not that Im by any meand short of work far rom it. Contacts are always good for future reference and Id quite likr the idea of getting away from the Missus for a while!!

Cheers Hoskie

2. Charlie Far!ey

Charlie Far!ey New Member

'...............and can you give me a job too cos the potatoes are getting me down and it hurts even more with Christmas coming up and me being a professional and all that - Oh please I need a job cos no one will employ me here cos I'm rubbish - Pllllleeeeeeeeeeeeesssse Robbo the nobbo I need work

3. diysurgeon

diysurgeon New Member

No wonder you cant get work you are 100% pure twonk clever******

[Edited by: forum admin]

4. diysurgeon

diysurgeon New Member

Hoskie,

I understand from my brother-in-law that there is plenty of work in Cork for trades people at the moment. They have had a building boom going on for some years now.

5. Bonzo

Bonzo New Member

My brother's working in Dublin and there's loads of work. Ignore stutterman.

6. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

Yep he is an annoying chap but says some pretty accurate stuff sometimes. So do any of you have any contacts over there then?

7. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

Oh and bill shutter or what ever you call yourself if your that desperate for work i have plenty on till into march april time but none ot it would suit a potatoe picker like you. Sorry

8. Hi there Hoskie.
    There is no shortage of work for all trades in the major cities (what few there are) I know the rates are very good but there are drawbacks. The Sterling to Euro rates are poor so when you come to change your wages into Queens you get a poor return, fine if you live here though.
    Dublin is one of the most expensive cities not only in Europe but the world in which to live. The tax rate is 35% unless you acquire yor C2 registration which is the Irish equivalent to the old 715.All your tax affairs need to be on the button for this. You need to register for a PRSI number (National insurance)You need to undergo a safe pass course. All in all if you are willing to go through the ball ache of theese things there is money to be made ....Though judging by the claims of some of the spreads on this forum and their sky high "EARNINGS"
    its me who is in the wrong country.
    Dublin is a **** hole as well ....Galway is much nicer. There is a massive influx of eastern europeans now, it is estimated today that 10% of the population of Galway city are Eastern europeans.
    Sorry I dont have any contacts I work in the Mayo area about an hour from Galway and am kept very busy mostly on one off private new build dwellings so dont travel.
    Of course you could allways work on the black I dont think you would have any problem finding work.

9. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

Cheers for that Robbo

I was under the impression that Dublin was a nice place but just goes to show how wrong you can be!

From what you have said it sounds like I will be giving it a miss, seems like a lot of hassle to then give up 35% in tax its bad enough paying it in England!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my post

Hoskie

10. jenros

jenros New Member

got a mate who lives in clonakilty,west cork,it is stunning,spotless,there is a lot of work going on all over the area private and commercial.we went over in the summer for a week,never been to a place with so many new roofs!.mate says as previous posts there are loads of europeans slowly appearing all over the area,looking for work,mostly going into hotels as cleaners etc.most of these will only accept cash as payment,coz the hours are ****,hence the **** pay,hours etc.this area is a very rich area with very little youngsters being able to aford to buy property,they tend to rent,usually sharing because the rental prices are also high,most people who live there are middle aged or retired with a few bob in the bank to live off. have a look at my mates place,he runs a few holiday homes there in clon its,,www.clogheenstrand.com if you are looking for excellent digs or a holiday i can personally recommend them,and no i`m not on commission,honest!!!