Mulico dust & chip extractor

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by joesoap, Jan 18, 2007.

1. joesoap

joesoap New Member

Hi Lads
    I have been offered a Multico dust and chip extractor at what seems to be a good price. She's and old model 1994 I think but in fair condition. Have not seen it in operation but motor runs fine and not too noisy. Have never seen the like before nor used one so would appreciate any advice/info on same but info on the model iftself as to suitability for not a grat volume of heavy usewould be good to hear. Spec as follows.
    Extractor
    Model. 3.9
    MCR
    DE 1194
    Motor. Output0.55, Revs 2850 , 240 Vs . Phase 1 Rating 1
    Included is a 5metre flexihose 140 bore , Bin and bag are fixed to a steel table on castors. W 1.000 D 0.600 . H 950 approx. I'm assuming the 1194 is the date of birth. Cheers !

2. joiner_sim

joiner_sim New Member

I suppose if your after peoples thoughts about this a search on google might bring up reviews and comments on message boards for it.

We have got a Multico Morticer in work, and it is yonks old. It has outlived a Wadkin Morticer and another one at least! So I would say Multico do decent stuff.

3. joesoap

joesoap New Member

Hi Simmy
    Well it was the Multico tag that I took to right away knowing it was in the trade long ago but I'm no machine man. I did log in to Multco site but they look to have disappeared as far as machine tools go. Hand tools , but that's it. Never thought of a Google there but will give it a try. I was told that the extractor came from a pro woodturner who had upsized but that was four years ago and this present owner has never got round to using it in all that time. Will Google in and keep you posted
    Cheers !

4. Little Ern

Little Ern New Member

It might be worth doing a search or asking the same question on http/www.ukworkshop.co.uk

Regards,

L.E.

5. joesoap

joesoap New Member

Hi Ern I'll do just that as I got nowhere on google Ebay was the only site with them. cheers !