[MUST READ] Diesels Engines and Chain saws. [MUST READ]

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by `¬``¬`, Jan 28, 2010.

1. `¬``¬`

`¬``¬` New Member

Its my first winter with my diesel Citreon AX (H Reg) it struggles to start in the cold, never had a diesel before is there any tricks/tips on starting a diesel in the cold? (I let the glow plugs warm up untill the little icon on the dashboard goes out and then turn key!) On diesels are you supposed to give it any throtle when u start them or just turn key and hope for best!?

Lemme know plz

Also I am going to purchase a chainsaw but have a dilemma. Do I go for petrol or electric. I am veering towards electric as it would be ok for use in the house.

Petrol chainsaws cut faster than electric and they're obviously required if you're working outside or you're without electric power. Although they're dearer I might purchase the Petrol version. A little smoke might kill the cat but ohwell.

2. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

hello ¬ ¬.

there is a yellow symbal that lights up ewhen you turn on the ignition , don't turn the key any further till that light goes out,it is the indicator to tell you the glow plugs have heated the cylinder enough to fire the diesel, If you still struggle to start after following that instuction, you may need new glow plugs,
    yes get a petrol chainsaw, much better,
    now please release me from your 'must read' hypnostist spell............:)

3. Ú¶

Ú¶ New Member

I have a petrol chainsaw that I always use in the house.
    As soon as an oak branch forces it's way through the u-bend, out come my tool.

4. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

'Its my first winter with my diesel Citrus Lemon AX (H Reg).'

Don't worry, it won't last until next Winter.

5. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

As with all diesels you need a very good battery and in winter keep it well charged

6. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

his chain saw?

wtf

cheers

steve

7. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

No doubt, we'll hear about the Peckham chainsaw massacre shortly. Probably around page 9 or 10 of the Guardian.
    ;)