My Humble Apology:

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by potty painter, Feb 23, 2009.

1. potty painter

potty painter New Member

Becoming old and set in my ways. I have always been strict on the application of the older methods of paint application. Seems I was wrong, I will now be endorsing Crown Solo as a superior application. And as promised to Astramax, I give my most humble apology!!!! spot on mate and advice much appreciated.

Potty.

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

No problem my old mate, glad you tested the question.

PS, cheque in post!

3. potty painter

potty painter New Member

No cheque required, should be me sending one to you for good advice.

Potty.

4. Goodwill

Goodwill Member

Potty wrote:

On 13-02-09 : "....... It will take sometime and a lot of weathering to convince me mind. ......."

On 14-02-09 : "....... Purchased two T joints and attached to posts, solo on one undercoat on the other. "will gloss tomorrow" as expected laying off was a little heavy, ......."

On 23-02-09 : "....... I will now be endorsing Crown Solo as a superior application. And as promised to Astramax, I give my most humble apology!!!! spot on mate and advice much appreciated".

Potty,

I am slightly confused regarding this report. Does it relate to the actual physical application of the Crown Solo as opposed to the undercoat and gloss, which I presume are also Crown branded products, although you did not say, or the quality of appearance of each finish or the ability to stand up to the weather?

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I am slightly confused regarding this report.

That's because you don't understand, remember you only read things out of books, you are by no means a hands on person so it comes as no surprise you are finding very simple comparisons confusing.

6. potty painter

potty painter New Member

Thats a fact, for someone who only posts from his office. When of course, he can spare the time. With his last load of jibberish being posted at 5-25pm, I have a nasty feeling he has purchased a new book?
    Lord help us.

7. Goodwill

Goodwill Member

Astramax/Potty,

So what are these simple comparisons to which you refer?:

Ease or otherwise of application?

Superior appearance in respect of the finish?

Durability? - "It will take a lot of weathering to convince me mind ......."

Solo was under the Potty test for nine days and the undercoat and gloss for eight days. Is this your idea of the fulfilment of; "It will take a lot of weathering to convince me mind ......." ?

8. Goodwill

Goodwill Member

Now make your mind up Potty, is it the net or is it books? No, don't tell me, let me guess, you are about to say, "It is both".

You said that what I posted about paperhanging at 5:25pm yesterday was; "....load of jibberish ......." Perhaps you should reflect on your own knowledge and skills if you consider it fair to say that what I offered was gibberish.

9. Goodwill

Goodwill Member

PS

Whoops! with the grammar again!

10. Guttercat

Guttercat New Member

Crown Solo's superior to any other gloss and....it's beautiful. ;)