Mystery Tile Adhesive

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Ecky Thump, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Ecky Thump

Ecky Thump New Member

I have seen a floor-tile adhesive, which I can describe as a flexible dense black foam-like material
    The tiles (in this kitchen) are bonded onto a wooden floor and they've been there for 10+years without any signs of movement
    Q1 - Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
    Q2 - Where can I buy this adhesive?
    Q3 - Where can I buy the epoxy resin grout that has been used on the same job?

I've asked around a few tile suppliers but blank expressions were in abundance!

Attached Files:

• 26.png
      File size:
      3.5 KB
      Views:
  2. JMH

JMH New Member

try www.laybond.net they are manufacturers of lots of floor adhesives, they have an excellent online technical help section with details of all their products. don't think you buy direct from them but most builders merchants will deal with them, so at least you'll know what to ask for.

3. Sparkyman

Sparkyman New Member

4. Dr Who

Dr Who New Member

This isn't just normal flexible floor tile adhesive??

The stuff I used recently, which is also waterproof also fits this description!

Dr Who

5. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I have recently convinced myself that I will not be able to tile my kitchen floor (currently covered in yucky vinyl) due to the springiness of the floor boards, however having read your message, you have filled me with new hope. Can you suggest an adhesive and/or grout? Or any other suggestions? PS in plain speak pls as DIY Bodger!!